Guide to Legal Jargon when Buying/Selling Your Home

by PropertyBlawg on January 6, 2017

  • Sumo

The following is a guide to some of the legal jargon you may encounter when buying or selling your home in England or Wales:-

Do you know what amortisation is? What about gazundering or gazumping? You might have a vague idea of the meaning of the terms ‘Loan to value’ or ‘Stamp duty land tax’, but could you explain them to someone else?

If the answer to these questions is ‘possibly’ or simply ‘no’, and you’re thinking of stepping onto the first rungs of the property market or moving on from your current home, then it might be time to boost your knowledge bank and learn the ropes.

The infographic below will help you understand the jargon involved in buying your home – a guide to the many terms wrapped up in the housing market and the many processes involved. You’ll be an expert in no time!

Property Legal Jargon - Buying Your Home England Wales



Property Law Blogger at PropertyBlawg
Property Blawg is a property law blog covering property law in the UK and beyond, and the post above has been published because of the high value associated with the author's work. Contact us if you'd like to get published today. Powered by YouBlawg.

Previous post:

Next post: